Strange things going on with blogger … in place of quotation marks, I’m getting some control characters. I’ve tried a few different character formats in the settings and I’ve tried looking in a couple of different browsers but there doesn’t seem to be a difference when I look at the site. Funnily enough though, if I edit the site in FireFox (Mozilla’s new browser) and publish from there – check the first paragraph of the text below – then it works fine (I didn’t edit the second paragraph).
Rather than spend a lot of time fixing it, I’m going to leave it as it is for now. Instead, I want to hunt out a new blog tool – ages ago John Gotze convinced me that MovableType was worth a go, and now I’m looking at webcrossing too. One of them must be right, so I’ll have a poke around.