1. Insanely Great & Quirky Talent.
2. Disrespect for Tradition.
3. Totally Passionate (to the Point of Irrationality) Belief in What We Are Here to Do.
4. Utter Disbelief at the Bullshit that Marks “Normal Industry Behavior.”
5. A Maniacal Bias for Execution … and Utter Contempt for Those Who Don’t “Get It.”
6. Speed Demons.
7. Up or Out. (Meritocracy Is Thy Name. Sycophancy Is Thy Scourge.)
8. Passionate Hatred of Bureaucracy.
9. Willingness to Lead the Customer … and Take the Heat AssociatedTherewith. (Mantra: Satan Invented Focus Groups to Derail True Believers.)
10. “Reward Excellent Failures. Punish Mediocre Successes.”
11. Courage to Stand Alone on One’s Record of Accomplishment Against All the Forces of Conventional Wisdom.
12. A Crystal Clear Understanding of Brand Power.
From one of his recent slide decks.